Deerfield Academy is an independent secondary school committed to high standards of scholarship, citizenship, and personal responsibility.
Through a rigorous liberal arts curriculum, extensive co-curricular program, and supportive residential environment, Deerfield encourages each student to develop an inquisitive and creative mind, sound body, and strong moral character.
Set in a historic village bounded by river, hills, and farms, Deerfield inspires reflection, study and play, abiding friendships, and a defining school spirit.
A vibrant, ethical community that embraces diversity, the Academy prepares students for leadership in a rapidly changing world that requires global understanding, environmental stewardship, and dedication to service.
Deerfield Academy prepares students for leadership in a rapidly changing world.
Deerfield centers its academic, co-curricular, and residential programs on a set of shared core values:
- Citizenship in a spirit of humility, empathy, and responsibility
- Face-to-face interactions characterized by joy and generosity of spirit
- Connectedness to our unique setting and the contemporary world
- Reflection and balance, promoting intellectual vitality and self-understanding
- Pursuit of mastery built on a foundation of breadth and versatility
- Shared experiences, large and small, as sources of relationships, identity, and community
At a Glance
||42% students of color||
||47 countries represented|
37% receive aid